Sunday, January 31, 2010

Laura on the Grammys - Beyonce's performance

BEYONCE! Although I'm bitter about you stealing Kings of Leon's rightful award for best song, you're a talented lady and you work hard.

IF I WERE A BOY- Girl, if I could only belt like you. Guess I'll just have to stick to my guitar-and-piano-playing songwriting chick thing. Like Gavin.

Is Rihanna Drumming? or does the Drummer just have a Rihanna haircut?

I'm LOVING the big-band arrangement of this song. The horns really fill it out.

8:31 BEYONCE COVERING ALANIS????~!~!! Oh my gosh she's killing it. Edgy and unexpected. Definitely fresh.

8:32 Oh I see, it's a medley.

8:34 An argument is happening between @bxsmith and @julz422 (like that twitter speak?) In brendan's corner, he says beyonce's was the better performance. In julia's corner, she's rooting for Gaga and Elton John. What makes a good pop performance? A voice? A presence? Special effects? I'm going to say that Beyonce has the better voice, absolutely. But she doesn't write her own material. So that gives miss Gaga points in my book. I'm Switzerland and refuse to decide.
I'm a dork and I loved them both. They both gave me chills

They both have such energy and presence. They each know what their "gimmick" or their "trump card" is, and they work it.

Well done.

No comments:

Post a Comment