Sunday, January 31, 2010

Laura Grammys - Best Record

Let's review the difference between Best Song and Best Record, shall we?

Song of the Year is a songwriter's award, it goes to the ppl that wrote the song, which sometimes is the artist, and sometimes is not. Record is about the engineering and the track itself This award goes to the artist, the people that recorded, mixed, and mastered the track. I'm educating the people in my apartment about it.

Think best "raw song" versus "best track".

oo Norah Jones looks cute. Ringo looks old.

NOMINEES FOR RECORD OF THE YEAR

beyonce halo

i gotta feeling black eyed peas

use somebody kings of leon YES YES YES YES THIS ONE

pokerface lady gaga

you belong w/ me taylor swift....


and the grammy goes to...


USE SOMEBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!

Caleb Followill is a gorgeous gorgeous man. Apparently I say the word "dreamboat" when I'm drunk. And Caleb, you're drunk too. Surprise surprise. So I'll go ahead and call you a dreamboat.

I'm so glad Kings of Leon won Record of the Year! It was overplayed, yet amazing. And i think the fact that it was so overplayed speaks a lot for the mass appeal the track had. It was well made and tasteful.

Well done! I can go to bed a happy girl, and it has nothing to do with the two-hour snow delay tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment