Sunday, January 31, 2010

Julia's Live Grammy Blog!

Okay, I can't believe we are really doing this! Feelin' a little nerdy sitting with my girl Laura, computers poised, tv on. Wulp, welcome to the 21st century!

We've decided we will each be giving our invididual play by plays and then converging at some point...we'll see how this goes. I hope Laura's not wittier than I am (just kidding, LVD! Kind of).

First thoughts. E! Red Carpet Pre-Show:

7:53 Ashanti on the Red Carpet? Is it 2001? Where's Ja Rule? Didn't realize she was still relevant. My bad.

7:57 Laura just asked me if I "took my meds"...ha! Back story- gotta little slip of the disc in muh back. No biggie. Vicodin sure helps. I was tempted to take it before this Grammy business, ya know, to make for better commentary, but alas, I decided to be coherent. (Apparently, unlike Will.I.Am....)

7:59 Laura fumbles for remote to switch to CBS- "Not the Kardashians! NOOOooo!!!"

8:00pm Akon introducing Gaga. LOVE.

8:01pm Gaga singing a beautiful medley. She sounds great. Don't understand her 80s sequence outfit while she dances amongst the likes of the dancers from the Thriller video. But what's to understand?

8:02 of course she's not wearing pants.

8:03 I love the "Fame Factory" concept and Akon's vaudeville routine

8:03 (part) LOVE "SPEECHLESS". LOVE ELTON JOHN. All is right in the world. Can they please go on tour together???? NOW.

8:04 Gaga's owning the moment. She's looking into Elton's eyes. It's a match made in gay heaven.

8:09 I love that Stephen Colbert is 'hosting'. This is officially the best show ever.

8:12 Song of the Year already? BEYONCE?! I'm sorry, but Kings of Leon had the best song......BOO.

No comments:

Post a Comment