Thursday, November 26, 2009

Things I Am Thankful For

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone. Sorry we have taken a hiatus of late. I have been traveling and I know Laura was choreographing a show. I just wanted to stop by, though, and say some things I am grateful for since it is that great American feast day that we call Thanksgiving.

1.) First and foremost this year I am thankful for...Twiiter. As you saw from one of my recent posts- It All Started With a Tweet- that ingenious social networking tool keeps me in touch with co-blogger Laura, Rachel Zoe celeb stylist to the stars, and oh so many more. It also keeps my wit quick in 140 characters or less.

2.) My Google Reader. I would not be the pop blogger I am today if I did not have such a tool which allows me to read 300+ blog posts a day about Lady Gaga, her outfits, and other various pop culture events and stars of my choosing. It also makes slow work days a little more tolerable, and for that I am VERY grateful.

3.) I thank the good Lord for Lady Gaga and her fantastical artistry on a daily basis. Did you see that AMA performance??

4.) I am also thankful for my parents whom, when I was discussing Lady Gaga's performance with them this week a.) new who she was 2.) had seen the performance on youtube (though when my mom went to tell me she had looked it up on You Tube mistakenly said 'innertube', but whatevs. A win either way)

5.) I am very grateful for SNL as of late and their clever sketches involving my favorite pop artists, many whom we've mentioned on this blog. This latest one is great. Love Jason Mraz, even when he is played by Joseph Gordon whatshisface

6.) I am grateful for friends and fellow blog readers who keep me up to date on music and pop culture. Thanks to Pokey who sent us this video which I am currently obsessed with. Love Rivers Cuomo and Sara Bareilles. Anywhere. All the Time.

I think that's about it. It's been a good year. Can't wait to wrap up the year in Pop Music with Laura in the next few weeks! And actually, it's been called to my attention that we are starting a new DECADE. WHAT?! When did that happen?!! So may have to recap the last 10 YEARS as well! In the meantime, this may be of interest

Now for the turkey and cranberry sauce...let's be honest, all I care about is the pie.

Peace,
Julia

1 comment: