Thursday, December 2, 2010

GRAMMEEZZZ!

Hopefully this year's show won't actually bring to life those extra ZZZ's I added...we had our moments last Jan, didn't we Laura?

So, Laura's post "got me all guh" about the Grammys, y'all. (I'm almost POSITIVE that I'm using that phrase wrong because I think that means it makes me angry. Which the Grammys don't.) Though the Grammys do kind of give me a headache because of what Laura said: those 47 blogposts this past January were no. joke.

I really liked last year's Grammys. I still get a little weepy when I see bits of Gaga and Elton's duet/mashup of Speechless and Your Song...are we surprised? And a joke about Pink hanging from a ribbon from the ceiling still makes me giggle.

What DID get me all guh last year at the Grammys was Taylor Swift and her inability to sing live and yet sweep up Grammys.  But girl can write, so I'll give her that.

I'm hoping (as Laura said) that the pendulum does swing the other way this year, and by the looks of the Record of the Year contenders, it's going to be a hip-hop year. Buzz is already surrounding Eminem to take home many awards, which I believe he deserves. (Also, I just don't want to mess with him or get him all guh, if you know what I mean. Might end up in a song or something in which I end up figuratively six feet under...)

I also hope Em, B.o.B, Bruno Mars, Rihanna, and others take home awards because that Lady Antebellum song (though I secretly love it) kind of makes me want to slit my wrists. I know that is UBER insensitive of me, but it- like Michael Buble's "Just Haven't Met You Yet"- taunts me with its sweet vocals yet all-too-truthful lyrics. You feel me fellow drunk, single girl whose tempted to text an ex a quarter after one? DON'T DO IT!

Whomp Wah. Okay. Moving on.

SO EXCITED about the Record of the Year category!!! Each one of those that Laura listed is unique yet similar in some ways. And I love them ALL!

I have to laugh about Cee-Lo. One of my Tweeps and personal friends who- is amazing but usually a year or two behind when it comes to pop music- actually sent me the original, unedited version of this song before it came out on radio (No kidding. She also called me semi-recently to discuss Akon's "Sexy Chick" which has been out for a good year plus :) I was so proud of her for this early find! ;)

So this song holds a special place in my heart. Plus, Cee Lo can sing, brings character to the piece, its got an old-school 50s feel...etc, etc.

AND it was done on Glee! Brilliantly, of course :) Though I still can't decide if Gwenyth Paltrow is the true triple threat we all want her to be, but that's another blog for another time....

Next, I'm pumped that Arcade Fire is nominated for Album of the Year! It won't win, but its awesome that it is nominated. I fell in love with Arcade Fire back in the day when their album Funeral came out. I wasn't as into Neon Bible, their next album, but The Suburbs that came out this year is truly different than other things they've done and also very enjoyable. Not to mention it has a socially conscious commentary. Definitely check it out.

Gah! Guh! Whathaveyou! Now I can't wait 'til January! Also, lvd- we gots to make our lists for own personal albums of the year! Sara Bareilles, anyone?! I think so!

Now you've gone and done it, lvd. Apparently mention of the Grammys is all it takes. Now I'll be back to blogging again...win?

Peace,
Julia

1 comment:

  1. If you would like an alternative to casually picking up girls and trying to figure out the right thing to do...

    If you would prefer to have women chase YOU, instead of spending your nights prowling around in crowded pubs and restaurants...

    Then I urge you to play this eye-opening video to find out a amazing little secret that might get you your very own harem of hot women just 24 hours from now:

    Facebook Seduction System...

    ReplyDelete